« Back to previous page


Grangecon - pwsDSC_0075St. Oliver Plunkett’s Church

The Church of Saint Oliver Plunkett in Grangecon was opened in 1978.  Designed by architect Paul O’Daly, the church replaced an earlier structure which dated back to the 17th century, an inscription from which is set in the wall of the present church.

With a small stream running close by, this modern church provides a prayerful setting for the celebration of the Eucharist and other liturgies.  The parish hall close by is a valuable facility for community activities.

An icon of St. Oliver Plunkett, who has local connections, was unveiled in the church in 2008 to mark the 3oth anniversary of its consecration.

Mass is celebrated at 9.30am on alternate Sundays with Stratford.

Re 2020:  September: 20th; October: 4th & 18th; November: 1st, 15th & 29th: December: 13th & 27th.

Tel : 059 648 1254 | Fax : 059 645 1529 | Email : [email protected]
Copyright 2009 St. Josephs Parish Baltinglass All Rights Reserved.
Powered by ParishWebsites.ie, Designed by acton|web